Wednesday, August 25, 2010

twinkle twinkle sparkly stars

Skimming through old issues of magazines in my room, I couldn't help but notice all the grand weddings that took place this summer.
Why are girls so intrigued by weddings? Starting from the age of 5 when she can pray and imagine being a pretty flower girl, to the age of 25 when she begins to seriously ponder what her wedding dress will be like. For me, at 19, I find myself engaged and immensely intrigued by the SPARKLE. It's always interesting to see where people decide to throw on the shimmer besides on the left ring finger.

Take Alicia Keys, who chose to transform a diamond necklace into a stunning headband halo. So grecian and so beautiful.And Chelsea Clinton, who chose to encrust crystals onto the waistband of her literally-perfect wedding dress and also flaunt her diamond bracelet wedding gift from her groom. ::swoon::

So I figured, twinkle twinkle everywhere, I want sparkle -- in my hair! Hair down, parted unevenly and heavily swept to one side and SPARKLES on the other.<3 Waves and girly braids are a given of course, with an emphasis on the bling. So it didn't take me by surprise when I absolutely fell in love with Carrie Underwood's wedding, where she donned a diamond tiara hosting over 40.00 carats all set in 18 kt. white gold, victorian in design, which also happened to be a wedding gift from her husband Mike Fisher.

simply breathtaking :)

P.S. Their wedding scored points with me over the others, not just cause of the hair bling. I loved her flower scheme (to die for!) and they're just an all around super cute couple :) (no offense Swiss Beatz/Marc Mezvinsky!)