Thursday, May 10, 2012

one more to go



Tomorrow marks my last final aka the last academic assignment I'll ever do in college. Maybe some of you have already reached that point. Even still, it's mind-blowing how things really come together at the end of it all.  So much has happened even earlier this semester starting with course registration to considering possible higher education.. getting to know friends on a deeper level to joblessness anxiety.. But after talking to fellow schoolmates and friends, I find it hard to deny that you get what you put in.  As I clear out all my things in preparation for official move-out next week after graduation, I'm reminded of how thankful I am for things working out the way they do for me. Even though I will be spending the next couple years doing something far beyond what I pictured myself doing a year ago, it's something I'm excited about and looking forward to more than what I was convinced I'd be doing in my younger, more naive days.  I'll be making more that the average Philosophy and Religion major on a daily basis, with an office on Park Ave, in the city I knew I was never meant to leave.  I'll be surrounded by professionals, getting paid on behalf of the world's largest privately held language company, not to mention, headed by a woman. A business first started in a NYU dorm room with her boyfriend, now husband and co-owner, TransPerfect seems like a sturdy stepping stone to start on, on my path through the rest of my professional career.