Started off this week with an unplanned extended stay at Colgate with Stevie- the best way to start off any week of the year ~~ And just when I thought the week couldn't possibly get any better, I get offered the position at the company who I had last spoken to & sent over some writing samples! Things definitely felt like they were happening so fast especially since I had agreed to start work right away (this upcoming Monday will be my first). So the following day (Wed), I got my drug test done & today received another call about other forms/paperwork to be completed, etc. Interestingly enough, I receive another call this afternoon just when I think my life is starting to fall into place, and it's a call from another site in the city where I had last interviewed before this other position, asking that I return for a final interview with more position-related figures. It has been well over a month since I had gone to this particular site so you can imagine my surprise and hesitance in scheduling this final interview especially now knowing that I am employed full-time as of next week and obviously won't have any chance to go and interview elsewhere on my first week of work! Crazy how some things just decide to happen when they do, right?
As much as I may pose the question "what if" in the coming weeks for not having gone to this other site, I am gradually coming to believe that things certainly do happen when they do for a reason, even if it may be a reason well beyond my limited human understanding. So as I hold my breath and pretend like this last call never happened, I am at the same time fully open and forward-looking to what will come about from this opportunity that has already landed upon my lap before all others. Funny how things always seem to become a test for me, especially at the times where I feel I've taken all of them during these past few months of new job-searching. Things aren't as easy as you may want them to be, but once you make the right choice for yourself and trust that it is indeed the right one, these things dont seem as hard as we believed.

