Sunday, December 26, 2010


Having the right kind of expectations.. like keeping your long term goals in mind. Reflecting on what you're ultimately striving for, as a student, a sibling, someone's child, a friend, a follower of faith, a role model, a lover. Lately, I catch myself from expecting or hoping for specifics that I don't necessarily need to dwell upon, apart from what was just previously mentioned. This may be due in part to my attempt in reducing my stress level and re-prioritizing for the better. What I found throughout this year was that I like to be surprised by people, and I find that makes life a lot easier too, when you just accept what’s coming your way rather than getting too caught up in asking yourself, “What am I looking for? What do I need?”

When it comes to guys, I feel like I give off more confidence than I really have.  I get in trouble for being overly friendly at times. Two hours will go by and I’ve been talking to the same person without really wanting to hang out beyond that.
At this point, I've met someone who makes me want to tell the world about our chemistry and let into our inside secrets, so the world can see for themselves how amazing his thoughts are and how big his heart is. So let me catch myself here, and change the outsider's expectation of my overtly flirtacious mannerisms, or what have you.  Admittedly long overdue, this inner flirtation is being funneled and channeled into my #1 everything. I just hope he doesn't find it strange that his girlfriend has become strangely flirtier as the relationship prolongs, rather than what came before. ;)
When it comes to long distance relationships, I think if two people are willing to work on it and just accept that it is what it is, then it’s possible. It’s when you’re trying to battle something you just can’t change that it fails.  But if you’re with someone who knows what the deal is and they’re willing to dive in, then, you know, you’ll have problems like anyone else, but I don’t think it stops you from having something that’ll thrive and be healthy. :)