My ability to love is far from perfect and I even believe that in such an area, I overreach far beyond my own capabilities, but I have grown to understand how to love people (to a certain degree). I have learned to see that someone who acts out in order to be heard is just that - they are trying to be heard. Inward rebellion and angst that reflects on the facade of the individual, I’m sure, can be explained by lots of factors that we do not bother to give credence to.
In 2010 and the start of this year, I’ve learned that love is never self-seeking. I’m sorry to all the pundits and people who will send me a message expressing their disapproval, but from witnessing and experiencing the perfect embodiment of love, I’ve learned that to truly love someone is to never abandon them even at their worst; that even in the face of hatred, that you meet that very same hatred with hope. It’s not about how much anger you experience or the hurt that you keep bottled up inside that leads you to abandonment, but it is about sticking through - through sickness and in health - and believing for what is to come; that regardless of what is to come, that the love remains.
I have learned that compassion and forgiveness are sometimes the hardest things to ever live out, especially when someone gives you absolutely no reason to do so. I have learned that to love, and to receive love, are the greatest gifts in this world that no words, no presents, no moments can ever surpass in its magnitude and power. Yes, he will never be perfect; I will never be perfect; but he has taught me how to love somebody unconditionally and with promise in spite of those imperfections, limitations, and shortcomings.
