Wednesday, January 19, 2011

While in Vegas, the only thing that could have kept me locked inside the hotel room all evening was the Golden Globes. Although I missed it, I got a glimpse of J Lo's ensemble, inspiring me to choose my top 5 favorite looks at the Awards show!

1) Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad
Ugh, where do I even begin? I love the simplicity of the white -although I'm personally always afraid to wear it before my wedding day ;) But of course, this is not an issue for Mrs. Marc Anthony. The sparkly cover-up is the perfect touch for her Golden Globe look, not too overwhelming and enough for her to add extra sequined accessories e.g.) clutch, bracelet, nails, earrings, and perfect makeup. The dress really does compliment her skin tone too - so glad she pulled her hair back for this. She always pulls it off! What a goddess.

2) Emma Stone in Calvin Klein
ohmygawd. The color of this dress is just... so me. You honestly can't get more simple and elegant than this. Loving the short sleeves and the modest neckline. Hair swept up, nude lips, and a gleaming gold clutch - I applaud you Emma Stone!

3) Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Self-explanatory, no? She looks like a really pretty night sky.. you can't get more fabulous than this. I wouldn't say I am an Olivia Wilde fan, the only thing I have seen her in is old school The OC, but a girl in Marchesa is a girl after my own heart. This is the type of dress I would choose to wear on my first glitzy award ceremony - she has gone all out with a classic Disney princess gown and I love it! Her shoes caught me off guard though. Beautiful, but why the gold? Then I realized what award show this was.

4) Catherine Zeta-Jones in Monique Lhuillier
 This is what you call red carpet glamour. I mean, it's Catherine Zeta-Jones. She can wear whatever the hell she wants. LOVE HER!

5) Leighton Meester in Burberry Prorsum
Leighton is such a fashionista, no doubt about it. The structure of this is so elegant, and I'm a fan of the shoulder emphasis fold-overs and the shoes. Oh the shoes! Gimme a piece of that Jimmy Choo!