Friday, April 15, 2011

spring break: a visual taste
 daffodils in full bloom (york)
university of oxford (oxford)
London Eye & Big Ben (London)
 Trevi Fountain (Rome)
Spanish Steps (Rome)
love locks (Florence)
sunset on Ponte Vecchio (Florence)
 Horseback riding (Siena, Tuscany)
 Beaches, hikes, and bike-riding (Levanto/Bonassola/Cinque Terre)
 Sunset on Via dell Amore (Riomaggiore, Cinque Terre)
This is my most favorite photo from my travels these past few weeks. Everything about this was splendid and touching. The little boy was throwing rocks into the ocean and the sound of each splash made me smile from ear to ear. The village of Levanto is a lovely one, populated with mostly elderly seniors and small children. The water on this side of the coast is crystal clear and it smells of lemon trees everywhere you go. You can bike from village to village, just as my friends and I did from Levanto to the neighboring Bonassola. I think I was happiest then, watching this mom and son be. I saw them take off on her bike, with the child seated right behind her in his own mini-chair. I want to return to Levanto someday and just be like they were. I managed to get my mind off a lot of things here and life couldn't have been more perfect. 
Thank you Levanto for being so beautiful.