"We're going on a pilgrimage..."
aka field trip! :)
For our church history tutorial on Friday, our tutor Christian decided to take us on a "pilgrimage" to the Cathedral, just as many people have been doing for centuries to St. Andrews. (4th most popular pilgrimage site in geographical history) Lucky for us, the historical site was a mere 5 minute walk rather than a year long journey from our classroom in St. Mary's College, South Street. :D
At first, I was a little annoyed because we had been assigned 17 chapters of reading on St. Columba for that day, which I had crammed in just to find myself on a freaking pilgrimage to something I walk past on a daily basis.. but no complaints about it! :)
He asked for 2 volunteers, one male one female, to "die". It was a little strange, I admit, but entertaining nonetheless. Pilgrims who came from all over did indeed perish by the time they reached St. Andrews Cathedral, and along the way as well.
Finally, Christian brought us to the very east of St. Andrews, handing each of us a stone to cast out into the North Sea as far as we could. We were asked to "purge" ourselves of something we no longer wanted to be a part of us. e.g.) a bad habit, an addiction, etc. I was one of the last to cast my stone, so Christian started giving me suggestions of things to purge myself of. "Can you think of anything you don't want around anymore? Maybe a bad boyfriend?"
I chuckled along with the rest of my onlooking class and said I'd rather keep that part of my life ;)
This had been the most amusing hour-long tutorial here at St. Andrews, and I didn't want it to be over~
But I finally put down my coffee and brought my right arm as far back as I could before plunging my rock into the beach.

