Why can't you call them fries? Here in the U.K, (and I assume in other countries as well) you won't here the term "french fries" anywhere. Rather, the word "chips" is used and every time I hear "Let's go get fish & chips!", I think fishsticks and baked lays. Or after a few strongbows and pear ciders you hear your friend say, "Geez, I'm craving some chips & cheese", I think movie theater nachos. But after multiple visits to the St. Andrews - Colgate late night munchie equivalent to Slices called 'Empire', I am starting to substitute 'fries' for 'chips' and actual chips for 'crisps'. WEIRD.
But here's a tribute to my American french fries.. Can't wait to come back to these babies soon enough!
SMILEY FRIES, MY FAVE :)
-EDIT-
Just discovered my new favorite UK beverage:
Rubicon Guava!
so delish and the straw it comes with makes the drinking experience a happy one.
The straw is called the Sensory Straw, which has four small holes rather than one large one, an innovation said to be the next generation of straws! haha~ It allows the liquid to flow in multiple directions, drenching the tongue and stimulating all the taste-buds, for a fuller burst of flavour.. WoAhHh
-EDIT-
Just discovered my new favorite UK beverage:
Rubicon Guava!
so delish and the straw it comes with makes the drinking experience a happy one.
The straw is called the Sensory Straw, which has four small holes rather than one large one, an innovation said to be the next generation of straws! haha~ It allows the liquid to flow in multiple directions, drenching the tongue and stimulating all the taste-buds, for a fuller burst of flavour.. WoAhHh





