Currently inspired by..
Kristin Chenoweth in Wicked’s “Popular”
“don’t be offended by my frank analysis, think of it as personality dialysis”
I think about those who are closest to me and more often than not, my first impressions of them were terrible. One was a pretentious bitch hiding behind her high-end sunglasses, while another was a flirtatious bastard who merely practiced appeasement in disguise of something else. Had I not overcome my initial judgments of them, whether it was self-constructed or a facade that they themselves had presented, I would have been unable to see the people they truly are. And it scares me to think of how much I would have missed out on not only in terms of my relationship with them, but also the countless number of epiphanies and lessons I had incurred as a result of these people in my life. Because the fact of the matter is this: I would not trade those relationships for anything in the world, or so I would like to believe.
First impressions only have as much power as you lend it, but if you’re lucky, you’ll have a lasting impression that trumps whatever initial perceptions you may have had of a certain person.