Having returned to the place where they first met, Prince William and Kate admitted the visit was "like coming home" during his humorous yet adorable speech in the quad :) They came to launch University of St. Andrews' 600th anniversary celebrations and as Prince William put it, to wish St. Andrews a "Happy Birthday". Of course, all I was thinking on Friday was how incredibly lucky and fortunate I am to be studying abroad at this university in Scotland during this exciting spring season of royal festivities~ Little did I expect to actually shake hands and exchange words with royalty while I was here! Friends and family from back home and even in Korea made casual comments about meeting Prince Willy and friends while in the U.K., but boy were they surprised to hear it really happened :D My mom and dad had been watching documentaries about Kate and Will's life at St. Andrews ever since I left home last month, and were pleasantly shocked to hear about my royal encounter.
Now what I found incredibly admirable about the Prince and Kate was that they still seem like your average college students.. As Will was shaking our hands and giving high fives, he was asking if any of us played water polo or surfed. (typical boy.. sigh) I was tempted to "dolphin" my hand when Prince William gave out his, but I was told to avoid potentially getting sniped. (thanks to Matt for watching out for me, you're a great friend)
During his speech, he humorously starts by mentioning what is known to be a traditional drunken fiasco on the quad and the potential to relive the moment with the apparent number of students present that afternoon ;) Silly ol' prince.. He doesn't fail to refer to St. Andrews as the 'best university in the world' and continues to have us giggle at every scandalous remark he makes~
A few moments after, I almost died when Prince William took a few steps back toward my way, looking right and asked, "Is Kate holding up alright?" while waiting for her to catch up to him.. How sweet is that? If anything, he's doing a great job in looking after her during this period of royal transition.
Finally, they hopped into their beautiful black Range Rover(s) and drove back down North Street, passing by all of us who are now beaming with excitement of having met the royal couple (:
Finally, they hopped into their beautiful black Range Rover(s) and drove back down North Street, passing by all of us who are now beaming with excitement of having met the royal couple (:


